iPhone, like any other complex and sophisticated machine, can create a variety of issues. In most circumstances, though, iPhone fixing is a simple process. So, before you call Apple Support or go to your local Help Desk, try these steps to get your devices and services functioning smoothly again.
Popular iPhone Issues and it’s solutions
Many people face issues with the device’s Wi-Fi connectivity, while others are experiencing terrible speeds. If your iPhone XR is unable to link to Wi-Fi or the connection is excessively slow, try the methods below to resolve the issue.
Solution 1 – How to fix iPhone Wi-Fi Issue
- First thing is to check the version of the router and iOS
- Installing the most recent version of iOS 12 is required in such a scenario, and if it fails to address the issue, you may try turning on and off Wi-Fi to see if it helps.
- You should examine the ISP’s or Internet Service Provider’s router for an interruption.
Investigating the interruptions through the ISP’s customer service lines or social media pages may assist you in identifying the problem. You might try unplugging the router for a moment after confirming that there is no interruption in your region particularly.
Solution 2 – Fix iPhone Wi-Fi Issue
- Opt-out Wi-fi network
- You can opt-out of the Wi-fi network from the new iPhone XR if the Wi-Fi connectivity isn’t working properly after testing the router and operating system version. Follow the instructions below-
- First, you need to go to the settings on the device
- Activate the Wi-Fi connection by tapping it.
- Click the ‘i’ in the circle to select the connection.
- Then, at the top of the screen, click Forget this network option.
Solution 3 – Fix Wi-Fi iPhone Issue
- Or you can reset the network settings
- When your Wi-Fi connection is slowing down, you can select to restore the iPhone’s network settings.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Select General and Reset option from the menu.
- Select Reset Network Settings from the drop-down menu.
- You can also attempt to recover the device’s factory default settings by tapping on Reset All Settings available on the same screen.
iPhone Bluetooth Issue
Several people have been having trouble connecting their iPhone XR to certain Bluetooth devices, and if you’re one of them, here’s how to fix the issue.
Solution – Fix Bluetooth iPhone issues
- You can start by going to the device’s configurations and then to Bluetooth.
- Then select the connectivity issues that use the letter “i” in the circle.
- Select Forget this device option from the menu.
- Next, link the Bluetooth gadget to test if it functions.
- If you’re still having trouble connecting the device to other Bluetooth devices, try the steps below.
- To reload, go to the Settings menu and then to General option.
- If you select Reset Network Settings, the device may be unable to link to Wi-Fi networks; thus, you must have the credentials ready to log in to the connection again.
- Lastly, connect the device to the Wi-Fi network to see whether the issues persist.
You can also try to restore the device to its factory defaults by following these instructions.
Go to Settings and then to General.
Restore All Settings by pressing the Reset option.
iPhone Damage from Water
iPhones that have been submerged in water may or may not switch on. Also, there is a risk of users losing iPhone data as well. The worst part is Apple’s one-year guarantee does not include liquid damage coverage.
Remove the SIM card after rubbing it dry with a towel. It should not be plugged in or turned on. You can also preserve it for two days with silica gel capsules.
Solutions/ iPhone hacks
- Wipe the iPhone dry using a cloth to remove any remaining water. Shake it carefully to clear the water from the phone’s ports. Do not plug in or switch on the power button.
- The wet iPhone should not be plugged in or turned on since it may cause a short circuit. Even if it is turned on, it will eventually stop functioning. If the iPhone is turned on or in sleep mode, turn it off immediately and then let it dry.
- To prevent damage to the iPhone’s important parts, remove the SIM card and dry it with a clean soft cloth. Using silica gel capsules to dry. Wipe the damp iPhone with silica gel sachets and leave it for a minimum duration of 48 hours.
- When you turn on the water-damaged iPhone after doing the above necessary steps, one of two things will happen: either your phone will start working but you will lose your data, or your iPhone will not turn on at all!
- Don’t worry; you can restore your deleted photographs and movies from a water-damaged iPhone in any situation.
- When you turn on the water-damaged iPhone after doing the above necessary steps, one of two things will happen: either your phone will start working but you will lose your data, or your iPhone will not turn on at all!
- Don’t get stressed out as you can restore the deleted photographs and movies from a water-damaged iPhone in any situation.
Your iPhone information is automatically stored in iCloud and iTunes backups, which is a wonderful service from Apple. On the newest iOS device, you simply need to login into iCloud or iTunes using your Apple ID. Afterwards, from the list of accessible recoveries in iCloud/iTunes, choose and move the required files to the new device.
Get a third-party program to retrieve images or videos from the liquid damaged iPhone when you’re unable to revive photos from iCloud and iTunes data backup or if you have removed the desired files from the backup.
Experts advise selecting just the trusted and secure data recovery application, specifically developed for the iOS, from the variety of iPhone file recovery commercially available.
Whenever you try to get a new phone fully operational for the first time, activation troubles are typical, regardless of the iPhone model.
Solution for iPhone Activation Issue
- If you’re experiencing trouble activating the iPhone, check Apple’s System Status page to see if all of your systems are up and functioning. If something isn’t green, check and wait until all services are up and running before trying again. If it’s green but still not working, check to see if the device has a SIM card. First, see whether you can transfer the SIM card from the old phone to your new iPhone.
- If you receive an invalid SIM error notice, Apple recommends taking the steps below-
- Check to see if the wireless plan is up and running.
- Restart the phone after updating it.
- Now go to Settings > General > About in the menu bar. If an update is released, you’ll be prompted to choose OK or Upgrade, then update the device.
- Next, take out your SIM card and replace it in the tray. The tray should be securely closed.
- Also, you can attempt to use an alternative SIM card. You can purchase one at the carrier’s retail store or request that your phone be tested with a different card. If needed, replace the current SIM card with either a new one.
Overheating iPhone issues
A recurring issue with several iPhone models is that they become unbearably hot, causing consumers to worry about the impact on their latest handset’s battery life.
Solutions for Overheating iPhone issue
These solutions will assist you in safely cooling down a hot iPhone. Take the iPhone to an Apple Store or notify tech support if it gets too hot too quickly frequently-
- The most basic one is to remove the iPhone cover.
- Avoid exposing the phone to excessive heat, for instance in a hot car or working in an extreme temperature environment.
- Involving too much into gameplay can lead the iPhone to overheat.
- Switch to Airplane Mode for a moment. To turn off all GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular signals, press the Airplane button in the Control Center. If you don’t require Location Services, GPS, or Bluetooth right now, you can disable them manually.
- Wait for the iPhone to charge because this can cause it to overheat.
If the iOS upgrade fails to address the iPhone’s overheating issue, consider resetting all of the iPhone’s settings. It only eliminates personal choices for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Privacy, General, Sounds, Brightness, Wallpaper, and Alerts, but not stored material such as emails, messages, movies, music, or images.
iPhone Slowdown issue
By touching the Side or Home button will allow the iPhone XR to continue operating regularly. Although the phone starts up instantly when you click these buttons, this device might operate at the least expected speed but having said that we also know that even the most advanced systems can slow down at times. There are some procedures to take to determine the iPhone’s speed. Some of them are described here-
- Switch off the iPhone and restart it
- For a few secs, hold down the on/off button on the right or at the top.
- To switch the device’s power off, drag the slider to the right.
- Next without delay press and release the volume up and down buttons.
- To restart the iPhone, tap the Side button once more.
- Reset iPhone
- It’s critical to know how to use the iPhone’s set of controls to handle any crisis. It does, nevertheless, indicate that you will have to switch to a more sophisticated set of buttons in order to reset the device. Follow the instructions to restart your iPhone XR-
- The Volume Up and Down buttons should be pressed and held for a few seconds.
- Next, hold down the Side button.
- After the Shut Down window comes into view, you must try holding down the Side button.
iPhone Stuck on the Logo Issue
There is a plethora of factors why the iPhone may become stuck on the Apple logo, including a jailbreak, a faulty iOS update, data retrieval from a backup, hardware issues, and the removal of specific iOS files.
You can resolve the problem by rebooting the iPhone, performing a hard reset, or entering Recovery Mode. Note that a hard-reset erase all of the iPhone’s storage.
- It is the most straightforward method of resolving the problem. However, the chances of resolving the issue are limited, it can sometimes benefit.
- The following are the steps to take-
- Keep the Sleep button pressed.
- After that, release the sleep button.
- Next, move the Power-off slider from left to right to turn off the iPhone.
- Press the sleep button down until the Apple icon shows.
- Finally, let the iPhone complete starting up without pressing the button.
This alternative method of restarting the iPhone is much more comprehensive and powerful than the previous one. This simple method has shown to be effective in resolving the issue on various occasions.
The steps are as follows-
- Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time.
- Next, even if the power-off slider shows, don’t miss out on the buttons.
- Now, wait until you see the Apple logo.
- Enable the iPhone to reset by letting go of the buttons.
Yet another possible solution for the ‘iPhone stuck on Apple Logo.’ Problem. This method is very easy and effective in the vast majority of cases. When the iPhone is in Recovery Mode, it connects to iTunes either to back up the data or recover the iOS new installation.
Follow the steps below to proceed-
- Switch off the device by pressing and holding the Sleep button.
- Swipe the slider to the right to turn off the iPhone.
- After that, press and hold the Home button.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer to ensure that you have iTunes functioning on the system.
- Select Update and release the Home button whenever you see the Connect to iTunes panel.
If the problem is caused by starting the device then this is an effective solution. You may connect with iTunes in Device Firmware Update mode without having to start the bootloader. It allows you to recover your iPhone at any point in its life cycle. Also, keep in mind that it wipes the entire iPhone and starts again.
Follow the steps below-
- Open iTunes on the device.
- Set up a link between the computer and the iPhone.
- Next switch off the iPhone.
- Press and hold the sleep button for 3 seconds.
- Then, instead of pressing the sleep button, press and keep the Home button for additional 5 seconds.
- You’re in DFU mode if your iPhone doesn’t display anything.
- When you successfully enter DFU mode, a pop-up will appear in iTunes on your computer, asking if you want to recover the previous backup or reset the device to factory settings.
iPhone App Freezing Issue
Any iPhone app may freeze while in use or shortly after being launched. It’s possible that the iOS version doesn’t support the application, or that the app isn’t implemented correctly on the device. Close any iPhone app that freezes, stops responding, or shuts unexpectedly, reboot the device, and verify if the app works properly.
Users must force-quit and re-launch any app that isn’t responding. To close and relaunch the app, follow these steps-
- When you double-click the Home button, a list of recently accessed apps appears on the screen.
- Find the solution to the issue by using a problem-solving app.
- To exit, swipe on it.
- To get to the Home Screen, press the Home button.
- To open the application again, tap its icon.
Lack of storage capacity is one of the causes why iPad and iPhone apps stop working abruptly. If you don’t have sufficient space on your device, apps may start to act differently. So, all you need to do now is clear enough space on the iPhone or iPad.
Uninstall the apps you don’t use to free up space on your iPhone. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to find out how to free up some space on your iPhone. A collection of apps is revealed, together with the amount of storage space they use up. Uninstall the ones you aren’t using. Also, get rid of any tracks, images, or recordings that you don’t wish to save or utilize; this will let the application run without freezing.
iPhone Touch Screen Issue
In case the touch screen on the iPhone isn’t functioning, make sure it’s clean and dry. The touch screen should now operate after restarting the iPhone. If not, remove the cache data to free up space on your iOS device. If the screen is cracked or broken, or if the iPhone has been dropped, take it to an authorized Apple service Centre.
Solution for iPhone touch screen issue
First, you need to force a restart of your device. Try to charge the phone for up to an hour if it doesn’t work. If you still don’t see the charging screen, or if you do, try to clean the power source and headphone jack, as well as checking the USB cord and wall outlet.
If the screen is shattered and no longer responds, it’s most likely a hardware issue, which means you’ll need to replace it. If Apple won’t fix it, look for an authorized Apple distributor. Apple’s warranties are typically sensitive, so if they won’t resolve it, look for an authorized Apple reseller. They frequently repair screens for cheaper money than Apple, although you may lose certain functionality.
iPhone Face ID issue
When you try to detect your face in a room and the iPhone XR fails to register it, make sure the area is sufficiently lighted. To immediately resolve the problem, you could try bringing the gadget near to your face or at eye level. Nevertheless, the problem may be more tough than usual, and a short repair may not be enough to solve it. Some of the possible solutions to fix an iPhone Face ID issue-
After completing the installation, customers frequently experience issues with Face ID. If you are one of the affected users and are facing issues unlocking your iPhone using Face ID, you must constantly stare at the screen. You should pay close attention to the smartphone for Face ID to work effectively.
When the user’s register, Face ID learns to know the face and acclimates to it, so if users continuously change their looks, it may fail to work effectively. If none of the methods works, you can contact Apple’s help Centre, as the device’s hardware may be damaged.
iPhone Black Screen Issue
In case you have dropped water, installed an app, virus, poor firmware, jailbreak, or dropped your iPhone, it could result in a black screen on the iPhone. To resolve the problem, start by fully charging the iPhone to eliminate a battery issue.
If the problem persists, reset the iPhone to factory settings using iTunes, but be aware that this will erase all of the iPhone’s content. In case you don’t have a backup, Data Recovery for iPhone can help you recover any deleted images, movies, songs, texts, chats, and contact information from the iPhone.
When the screen goes dark shortly after installing an app, that app is the source of the issue. To get rid of the black screen hit the ‘Home’ button twice fast, then slide the screen left or right to show a list of recent apps. To return to the home screen, swipe on that application to shut it and then tap the ‘Home’ button once more. Now, open that app to see if the problem has been resolved.
Easily restore the iPhone to factory settings using iTunes, but this would likely erase all of the data. If you have a backup, you’re fine to go; otherwise, you’ll need to use iPhone recovery software to restore data lost during the restore.
To restore the iPhone, follow these instructions-
- Connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Next, to restore your iPhone, go to the Summary tab and then click on the Restore iPhone option.
- Now, the iPhone’s black screen will be fixed by iTunes, but the data will be erased.
iPhone network connection issue
If the Wi-Fi is down or the LTE towers are down, the iPhone’s network preferences could be significantly messed up. If you want to continue using the network without any interruption, you must follow the steps mentioned below-
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click on the General and Reset option.
- If necessary, select Reset Network Settings with the passcode.
iPhone Battery Issue
iPhone battery depleting quickly is a prevalent issue among iPhone owners all over the world. Battery life issues are most commonly experienced after an iOS update.
The low iPhone battery efficiency can be evaluated by opting for a factory reset and restricting the use of apps that take a lot of power, such as Uber, Google Maps, YouTube etc. try to use these apps with a fixed timing or you can even monitor your screen timings as well.
iPhone Passcode Issue
If you can’t quite remember the iPhone’s passcode, or you’ve received a notification saying that iPhone has now been locked.
There isn’t much to do here except reset the phone to factory settings and delete all of your data. Fortunately, you can quickly restore the iPhone from a backup. Simply insert the phone into the PC or Mac and look for the “Restore iPhone” button if you already synced it with iTunes. Then follow the on-screen prompts and choose “Restore from iTunes Backup.”
After placing the iPhone into recovery mode, you can recover from iCloud. Link the phone to the device, it can be a PC or Mac and then go to iTunes. You will have to perform a force restart while the device connects, then pick restore when the choice to restore or update appears on the device’s display. The software for the device will be downloaded via iTunes, then you can operate a fully functional iPhone that no longer carries past information.
Error 56 on iPhone
The most common cause of iPhone Error 56 is during recovering the unit via iTunes. This could be due to a hardware problem or a software issue.
Use a different USB cable, try a different port, or reset the iPhone on a different computer to repair problem 56. Before executing an upgrade or restore via iTunes, make sure any third-party apps, including games and antivirus, is turned off on the device.
If the problem persists, reset the iPhone in DFU mode. As this procedure erases all data on the iPhone, make a backup before resetting it into DFU mode. Using Data Recovery for iPhone to regain lost or erased contacts, texts, images, videos, conversations, and more in the event of a data loss situation.
Reset iCloud on iPhone
You must conduct a forced reset if you become locked with the device when updating the iCloud settings. Nevertheless, before performing a hard reset, you must first force the system to restart.
Take the necessary steps mentioned below-
- First, you need to press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Keep pressing and holding the Side button till the Apple logo comes into view.
- The gadget will have to reset itself if you implement the above-mentioned instructions carefully. You might wish to try again once the power is restored. Due to potential issues with recovering iCloud, the iPhone may generate a new backup on the PC.
If you’re having trouble backing up your device’s data, go to the Apple store for assistance. In that instance, if you have problems with iCloud recovery, the company has also prepared a troubleshooting guide, which you can take reference to find the right fixes.
iPhone screen freezes due to cold weather
People in colder regions have claimed several instances of the iPhone X screen not functioning in cold weather. However, Apple has stated that a software update will be released soon to address the problem. Until then, try locking and unlocking the iPhone to see if that helps you address the problem.
Jailbreak or iPhone data lost after update
Users may lose iPhone recordings, photographs, contacts, and messages after jailbreaking the iPhone or upgrading to the latest version. In each case where iPhone data is lost, iCloud and iTunes backups come to the rescue. However, Data Backup for iPhone is the finest one to get if you only like to retrieve specific types of data, such as images, videos, contact lists, and so on.
iPhone Recovery Tool is a specialized data recovery application that retrieves all lost and deleted data from iOS devices, as well as backup files from iTunes and iCloud. After a jailbreak, you can restore lost data and secure iTunes backup files. Users can also retrieve data from an iCloud backup to an iOS system.
- Recover data with the help of iTunes backup
- Link the iOS to pc or laptop via iTunes.
- Follow the onscreen instructions after entering the device passcode.
- In iTunes, choose the iOS device and click Restore Backup.
- By checking the date and size of the backup files, you may choose which ones to recover. Enter the username and password and follow the instructions to create a secured backup.
Error 3194 on iPhone
While attempting to restore or update the iPhone, you may experience iTunes error 3194. It could be due to an incorrect firmware version, an iOS version that has not been authorized by Apple, or the usage of a jailbreak utility to update your device.
Although, it can be remedied by implementing adjustments to the system’s host files. To repair iTunes issue 3194, you can alternatively perform a factory reset. If you lose data and don’t have a backup, Data Recovery for iPhone can help you retrieve everything.
An incorrect firmware version can potentially cause the iTunes Error 3194. While you’re doing manual upgrades, be sure you’re using the correct device-specific firmware files for both iPhone and iPad. Furthermore, manual upgrades should be avoided in favor of allowing the iOS device to upgrade itself in the usual software update procedure.
Also, while upgrading or recovering the iPhone or iPad, make a backup of the data. This will safeguard you against any type of irreparable data loss.
iPhone speaker issue
In case you can’t hear any sound from the iPhone, make sure it’s not in silent mode, also make sure Bluetooth is switched off.
If you still can’t hear or the sound is corrupted, start any music app and adjust the level using the slider or volume key.
You may also restart the system, which fixes a lot of problems. If none of them operates, the issue can be one of hardware. The speakers on the iPhone need replacing or servicing.
Appearance of strange language on iPhone
If the iPhone’s auto-correct displays a language you don’t recognize, it’s time to clear the dictionary cache.
- Open the Settings application.
- Select General and Reset from the menu.
- Refresh the keyboard dictionary by pressing the Reset Keyboard Dictionary button, however, you might have to insert again the passcode if necessary.
Hopefully, you found the solutions from the above list of the most frequent iPhone issues and associated errors. If you’ve had trouble recovering data from your iPhone or iPad, Data Recovery for iPhone can help you recover lost or accidentally deleted contacts, texts, schedule of events, images, recordings, call history and more.