iPhone Alarm Volume: The iPhone’s default alarm sound may eventually stop sounding enough to wake you up every morning. Maybe you tune it off or the alarm volume is bothersome. Here’s how to modify the iPhone’s alarm sound to whatever music or tone you like and also learn how to change the Alarm clock volume on iPhone.
Easy tips to change iPhone Alarm Volume
Make absolutely sure that the device is not in silent mode, which is the first and perhaps most simple remedy. This is because the iPhone’s ring and alarm volumes are linked, you can’t have a loud enough alarm and a muted ring at the same moment. Applying the Do Not Disturb function is the best method to resolve this.
Remember to examine the mute switch on the iPhone. If it’s turned off, simply switch it on.
If you’re using iOS 10, you’re aware that the volume level may be adjusted via the side buttons. You must follow these procedures if you wish to modify the sound level-
- Select “Sounds” from the “Settings” menu.
- You’ll see a slider that you’ll need to set to a higher level immediately to activate the “Sounds” feature. On iPhone X, 8, and SE, this slider also regulates the alarm sound level.
- Tap on the Change with buttons switch to allow ringer and alert settings, notably alarm volume, to be controlled using the volume control keys on the iPhone.
Ways to Change the iPhone Alarm Volume
When an issue with an iPhone’s sound arises, it’s usually best to just reset the iPhone’s sound settings by switching it off and on. After rebooting the phone, the default settings will be restored in the Apple factory. It will take only about three minutes to complete the procedure of changing sound settings.
Follow the steps to proceed-
- To change the iPhone Alarm Volume, reboot it manually.
- For four seconds, hold down the “Sleep” button at the top of the iPhone.
- Move the slider to the “Slide to Power Off” position on the display. The iPhone will switch off when the screen turns off or when a standby icon appears.
- Once again for a duration of four seconds, press the Sleep button like before. When the device is turned on, the Apple logo will display on the screen.
- Start playing any tune to determine the volume quality.
In case the issue persists, you can attempt a General Reset. Secure up your personal stuff before performing a factory reset.
How to reset an iPhone alarm?
Follow the instructions mentioned here to reset an alarm-
- Change to the Alarm tab in the Clock app.
- Activate the button.
- Set the alarm for a specific time. Users can alternatively select one of the following options:
- Repeat: To set up a recurring alarm, tap the button twice.
- Click to give your alarm a name.
- Next, tap to select a sound for the alarm ring
- Snooze: When the alarm goes off, turn it on to display Snooze options.
- Set the desired snooze time and save.
Methods to turn off the sleep function in an iPhone
Sleep is a new feature in iOS 11, which can be found in the Clock app. This function will assist you with waking up and going to bed at the same time every day. Although, some users have complained that this functionality isn’t particularly effective. Simply disable the Sleep feature and use the usual beep to resolve the issue.
Follow the steps below-
- First, you need to click on “Clock”
- Next select “Sleep” (it’s the bottom-right icon).
- Change the slider to “Off” mode.
How do I ask Siri to set the alarm on iPhone?
Here are some suggestions opt for when you want Siri to set the iPhone Alarm Volume-
“Wake me up tomorrow at 7:30 a.m.”
“Have I set any alarms?”
“Please set my workout alarm.”
“Remind me to set alarm before sleep”
Disable third-party alarm clocks
In relation to the existing iOS app, the Apple Store offers a variety of alternatives. If you’re having issues with the native app and have any third-party alarm clock applications installed, they could be the source of the issue. Uninstalling third-party programmes will be the only way to determine it.
On the alarm control panel, users can see how high the alarm will sound. To do so, go to “Alarm” in the “Clock” app. Click on the “Sound” option from the “Change” menu in the top left corner, then pick the audio you would like to use.
Best Top 10 Ways to Fix iPhone Alarm Volume Low or Loud
Traditional alarm clocks are seldom used nowadays due to technological advancements; instead, people now depend completely on the iPhone alarm clock for all appointments. Assume you need to get up early in the morning for an important meeting and need to set an alarm. However, the alarm did not go off owing to an unidentified malfunction, and you were late for the scheduled meeting. What happens if your iPhone alarm does not work the next day again?
Since maintaining everyday activities, birthdays, and anniversaries are all put on alerts in today’s world, an iPhone alarm that doesn’t ring or doesn’t operate may become a major issue, causing you to be late for work. We can’t imagine life without it because it’s such a necessary element.
The issue of a low call volume on an iPhone is fairly widespread among iPhone users. The call level is often too low, and users can’t even hear what others are talking about. It can arise on any iPhone model, including the iPhone 12/11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X/XR, iPhone 8/7/6s/6 Plus, and so on. Are you one of the many iPhone users that complains about their alarm sound becoming too loud or too quiet? The remedies in this post will help you solve an iPhone alarm that is too low or too high.
Before looking at the solutions, some things that you must consider and confirm. The Ring/Silent physical switch does not affect the alarm sound when in Do Not Disturb mode, make sure it is disabled on your iPhone. Even if both options are turned on, the alarm will still sound at the stated volume.
Other things to consider for iPhone Alarm Volume Low or Loud issue
A few things you must consider in iPhone Alarm Volume Low or Loud issue, before finding solutions:
- Firstly, double-check the volume. Try to see if the phone is in vibrator or silent mode. If necessary, reset the mode.
- Test the volume by calling someone or the network provider’s customer service. If necessary, increase the volume.
- If the sound issue continues, try the speaker and microphone. If any of them are damaged, repair or replace them right away.
- Consider upgrading the Software / Operating System (OS) to the newest version of the speaker sound issue that arises under particular scenarios or situations.
- Look for dust in the ear-jack if you have sound difficulty with your headphones. Clean all dust and ensure sure the area is spotless and dust-free.
Some of the Best Top 10 Ways to Fix iPhone Alarm Volume is Low or Loud
The issue of iPhone Alarm Volume is Low or Loud can have a variety of symptoms, causes, and remedies to diagnose, fix, and resolve. Now let us look at some of the effective solutions to address the problem
Also, remember to use iCloud, iTunes, or a third-party iOS Data Backup & Re-establish tool to back up the iPhone. You can restore iPhone files from the backup if anything unexpected happens. It is crucial to ensure that you do not end up losing any important data in the process.
1. Sound Settings in iPhone
In case your iPhone alarm is not functional, examine to see whether the sound system is operating properly and if any alarm tones are configured on the gadget. If somehow the alarm tone is set to none choice, then there will be no noise at the time when it is supposed to ring.
Follow the steps below:
- Start the Clock App and go to the Edit Alarm section.
- Then, go to Sound and select an alarm type.
- Next, check to see if the alarm clock tone is functioning and also watch the volume level.
2. Check mute button and volume
After creating an alarm for each day, the next step is to check your device’s volume and mute button, as this directly addresses the problem of iPhone alarm no sound. Inspect if the Mute button is turned off, and if it isn’t, turn it off. Following that, verify the volume level; it should be optimum and loud enough just to meet the requirements.
One thing to keep in mind is that your device has two different types of volume controls:
The volume of the ringer, which includes ring tone, notifications, as well as alarms
The volume of Media includes sound for games and music videos. As a result, you should double-check that the volume configuration is for Ringer volume in order to fix your iPhone alarm issue.
3. Change iPhone Alarm Tone
It is quite possible that the alarm tone you have set is too low or too loud. So, try changing the alarm tune and see if it makes a significant difference.
Follow the steps given to adjust the alarm sound on your iPhone:
- Go to the Alarm tab in the Clock application on your iPhone.
- Now, at the top-left corner, click the Edit option. Choose the alarm you would like to modify or change.
- Next, click the Sound option and select a different notification ringtone in the next tab. To save all modifications, click the Save button in the upper section.
4. Restart the iPhone
Well, after you have finished refreshing the alarm settings, you will have to restart the device to see the changes take effect. To reboot, follow these steps:
- Begin by pressing and holding the sleep as well as the wake buttons until the display fades to black.
- Next, keep pressing the sleep and wake buttons together for a few seconds, then turn it on.
5. Clean the Speaker
The dirt stuck in the speakers might create the iPhone’s low call volume issue. In this scenario, you can easily clean the speaker with a soft brush to remove any dirt. If users clean up their iPhone with water or a pointed tool, they risk damaging it. Try contacting again after cleaning to see if anything has changed. If you still don’t notice a difference, consider other approaches to fix iPhone Alarm Volume Low or Loud problem.
6. Remove third party app
Is there a third-party alarm application on your iPhone, such as iClock? Well, do not dismiss them because there is a potential that such apps will interfere with the iPhone alarm clock. If any of these conflicts are the cause of the alarm clock’s unusual behavior, you must remove such third-party programs to minimize any further disturbances. Follow the steps below to remove any third-party alarm clock application:
- Find the app on your device’s home screen and press the icon until the ‘X’ sign appears.
- Next, to remove the app, hit the X icon.
7. Reset iPhone settings
Experimenting with configurations might be risky at times. iPhone users may have set a few of the settings that are causing the iPhone to have reduced call volume. In such circumstances, one should reset all of the iPhone’s settings and then see if things function correctly now. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- First, go to General in the iPhone’s Settings.
- Now, scroll to the bottom and select the Reset option from the menu.
- Then select the Reset All Settings option and verify the process by entering your passcode.
- Doing so will reset all of your settings, and you will be able to solve the iPhone alarm clock volume issue. Make sure that you do not click on any of the other alternatives because you can end up doing something else and have a high risk of losing data.
8. Update iPhone
Another best solution for resolving the iPhone low call volume issue is to update your iOS. Defects and problems are common in older iOS versions. Some bugs might go away if you update the software. Just go to Settings, then select General and click on the Software Update option from the menu. Look for updates by clicking the Check for Updates option and see if there is a newer version available.
If the update is present, you can upgrade the iPhone to the most recent version. Additionally, when updating to the latest version, remember to maintain at least 50% battery charge per cent. You will also be unable to utilize your iPhone throughout the installation process. As a result, ensure that you do not have any pending work or urgent tasks to perform at that moment.
9. Refresh iPhone Alarm
In case the above-mentioned initial solutions do not work, users need to opt for the device’s alarm details refresh. It should be done as there is a potential that two or more alarms can get activated at the same time. As a result, it is best to delete the alarms you have set it. Now, stop the application, wait a few moments, and then restart the device. Finally, after some time, reset the alarm to see whether it is still functioning.
10. Other Accessory
Examine device attachments like a microphone, a wired or a Bluetooth headset. Ensure that no other attachment is plugged into your iPhone while you are using it. Since the sounds will play through all the linked accessories wherever the phone is connected to any of these items, and there will be no alert sound. As a result, without using these accessories, it is recommended that you are using the built-in speaker.
Can your iPhone Alarm clock go off in silent mode?
While you are in sleep, it is a good idea to put the phone on silent so that you do not get startled awake by messages, calls or any other notifications. If you are using it as an alarm, nevertheless, you might be reluctant to leave it on silent thinking that it may not sound.
Irrespective of that, if the iPhone is on mute or do not disturb mode, the iPhone alarm will always sound. The program is designed to bypass any of these settings; thus, it has the ability to turn itself off. The iPhone alarm will not go off unless the phone is turned off or is low on battery. Turning off the sound notification is the sole way to stop an alarm from sounding. Yet, it completely removes the possibility of an alarm and hence is ineffective.
If you want an alternative, setting calendar alarms can be an ideal choice, especially if you just want silent alarms in the daytime. To do so, open the calendar and add an activity for the time you want. You can also change the alarm settings while creating the event.
Will the volume level affect the iPhone Alarm Clock?
Although keeping an integrated alarm in your phone might be quite beneficial. While there could be a variety of explanations for this, it does raise the larger question of whether the volume on the iPhone affects the alarm.
On an iPhone, there are two volume settings: notification volume level and ringer volume. Since the iPhone alarm is connected to the ringer volume, the alarm will be quiet if that is turned off. Simply increase the ringer volume prior to going to bed to counter this issue. It is also important to note that the alarm clock will still work in silent mode, but it will require loudness to do it. Even though the ringer volume is set to max, setting the phone on quiet before bedtime will prevent you from being woken up by messages or calls. Just use the volume button on the iPhone’s side to change the ringer volume level.