Even though Apple devices do not really work well with Windows PCs, there are also plenty of difficulties when it comes to integrating the two, such as the computer failing to recognize the iPhone. Users link their iPhones to their computers for a variety of reasons, including making backups, transferring data, using iTunes, and even troubleshooting iPhone difficulties.
Consider connecting the iPhone to a computer and finding that the computer refuses to recognize or link to it at all. This might be bothersome, particularly if you need to use the iPhone right afterward. Do you know that there is an alternative to fix the issue of the iPhone not Connecting to Computer? You can truly solve your iPhone’s inability to connect to the PC by following the easy solutions mentioned here.
Why is the iPhone not Connecting to Computer?
The models of Apple are typically incompatible with Microsoft Windows if you have a Windows PC. As a result, anytime these two are linked, it becomes a matter of one not preferring to become involved in the affairs of the other. An iPhone, on the other hand, works well with a MacBook.
When connecting an iPhone to Windows PC, there are a few issues to be aware of. The failure of the Windows PC to recognize the iPhone is one of the most common issues that customers face. This is the problem that we will try to help you within this article.
- To link the iPhone to a Windows PC, you will need the following items.
- The account of a logged-in administrator.
- The charging cord for the iPhone and
- Your iPhone, to be precise.
Also read: What to do when iTunes not recognizing iPhone?
Solutions to fix the issue of iPhone not Connecting to Computer
Various solutions for resolving difficulties with the computer not detecting your iPhone so that you may use the iPhone in conjunction with your computer to perform a variety of tasks are listed below-
Reactivate Apple mobile device service
The iPhone will not link to the computer if Apple Mobile Device Service is not uploaded. If your computer is currently running Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 7, follow the instructions below to reactivate Apple Mobile Device Service.
- First, you need to stop iTunes and unplug the iPhone from your computer.
- To open the Run dialogue, tap the Windows symbol on the keyboard along with the “R” letter key. In the text field, insert services.mac and hit the enter key.
- Right-click on “Apple Mobile Device Service” and select “Properties.” Select “Properties” from the menu.
- Select Automatic from the Start up menu.
- Select “Stop” to end the service.
- To reactivate the service, tap on ‘Start’ and then click ‘Ok’.
Check the USB cable and USB port
A USB lightning cable may be used to link the iPhone to your computer via the USB port. Examine the USB port for any problems, wipe it with a cotton swab, and try again. If it doesn’t operate, try again with a different USB cord. If the iPhone is still not appearing on the PC, try the additional options listed in this article.
Update Apple driver
If the iPhone still would not connect to the computer, you can try updating the Apple iPhone driver. Follow the steps below-
- Remove your iPhone and disable the iTunes application.
- Connect your device to the computer after unlocking it. Stop iTunes if it starts up automatically.
- All at the same tap the Windows icon button and the “R” button.
- The Run dialogue box will appear, prompting you to input “devmgmt.msc” and then “Enter.” The device manager will open as a result of this.
- Click on “Portable Devices,” then right-click on “Apple iPhone” from the list. After that, you will have to upgrade the Apple driver.
- Choose the “Search automatically,” option and the rest of the instructions will display for you to execute further.
- Then start iTunes to complete the process.
Alternatively, you need to uninstall and reinstall Apple Mobile Device USB driver if the iPhone not connecting to computer after completing these instructions.
Repair iOS system
If the issue with the iPhone not being identified by the PC has not been resolved, there is most probably a problem with the software on the device. To resolve this issue, the best solution is to use iMyFone Fixppo to troubleshoot any iOS issue with the iPhone. The following features make this application strongly recommended:
- Without losing the data, you may repair your iOS device.
- Recover the iPhone from a variety of issues, including iPhone connectivity issues, iPhone stuck issues, and much more.
- They’re simple to use and do not even require any significant experience to use it.