Users may have come across error code 4013, but do you know what that means? What is the source of error 4013 and how can you fix Error Code 4013 on your iPad or iPhone? Read the article to know all details about the Error Code 4013 and related information.
Typically, it is a hardware problem. Error Code 4013 occurs when anything inside outages or loses its ability to create a link, such as a faulty USB cable, a malfunctioning USB port, storage, etc. It is also possible that it is a system problem that occurs with upgrading to iOS. As a result, you won’t be able to upgrade or reload any iOS devices via iTunes. But that is not a major issue. Follow the solutions mentioned here to resolve it at the earliest.
Solutions to fix Error Code 4013 on your iPad or iPhone
While restoring or upgrading your iPhone’s operating system the error 4013 might appear, which indicates that the device cannot be restored. This may appear to be a significant issue, particularly when you would not be able to use the phone until it is addressed, but it is a fairly simple issue to resolve.
Check your Wi-Fi Network
The iTunes error code 4013 might be caused by an inconsistent wireless connection. As a result, users can try to reset iPhone devices and then reconnect iPhone and Wi-Fi. The procedures to reset network settings are as follows.
- Go to the Settings and choose the General option on the iPhone.
- Select the Reset Network Settings option from the “Reset” menu.
- Next, click “Reset Network Settings” again after entering the passcode.
- The next step is to check the Wi-Fi network and reboot the router. Simply disconnect the power supply for one minute before reconnecting it. Update to the most recent iOS version and see whether the problem has been resolved.
If your device’s iTunes program is already outdated, it may create some glitches. As a result, you should also check iTunes for updates. Follow the steps below:
- Launch iTunes on your MacBook.
- To check for updates, go to Help and then Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, select Download iTunes and upgrade iTunes according to the on-screen instructions.
- Reconnect the iPhone/iPad to test whether the iPhone error 4013 is resolved or not.
Check the USB
As iPhone issue 4013 can be caused by hardware problems such as a defective port or connector. As a result, you must inspect the USB port and connection.
- Use the USB cord that comes with the device to connect it to the MacBook. Consider a different Apple USB cable if you don’t have one.
- Change the USB port on the computer to a different one. Do not connect your keyboard to the MacBook.
- You can also attempt to connect to a different system.
Also read: How to recover missing iCloud Drive folders?
The error code 4013 can be resolved by a basic Factory Reset; it is a well-known method connected with iOS devices. It is also known to resolve a variety of difficulties. This approach will necessitate the use of iTunes. Follow the steps to restore an iPhone to factory settings:
- First, make a backup of the iPhone, as a Factory Reset will erase all of the data on the iDevice.
- After that, connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Go to the Summary section after selecting your device.
- Choose Restore iPhone from the menu.
- When requested, click the Restore and Update option.
- All data and specified settings will be totally erased after the factory reset. As a result, you will have to assemble the device configuration from start.
You may also get away from iPhone issue 4013 by resetting the method of the device’s settings and data. It is a simple yet highly effective approach. You will not only remove all of your data but also the bug that was generating the error when you reset everything. Follow the steps below to proceed but keep in mind that everything on the device will be erased.
- Reboot the iPhone and go to Settings after you have completed the backup.
- Next, go to General and select the Reset option.
- The first choice is to select the Reset All Settings option, but it will only reset the settings. As a result, choose the alternative Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Thus, this process will remove everything on the iPhone, including the error code. If you haven’t created a backup, you will have to start all over again.