It can be bothersome to have your iPhone or iPad disabled as you cannot use it in such a state. Even though iTunes is Apple’s default software for resolving different issues with Apple iOS devices, it may not be suitable for you in such a situation. Do not stress out on it as you are not the only Apple user facing such an issue.
When you look for options to reset the iPhone, most online tutorials recommend using the iTunes program. You may, meanwhile, have alternative options for resetting the disabled iPhone iPad without using iTunes. You will discover how to reset the disabled or locked iPhone iPad without using iTunes in this article. Most iPhone and iPad devices should work using the following technique.
When should you reset the iPad?
In certain cases, restoring the factory settings on an iPad entails purchasing a new iPad. However, there are times when you will need to reset the iPad.
- Your iPad regularly freezes, making it impossible to complete even the most basic activities.
- The iPad has a terrible degree of lag and performs oddly all of the time, if not all of the time.
- If you intend to buy a new iPad, you will need to delete all of your personal information from the present device.
Methods to reset disabled iPad without iTunes
The fact that data and personal files are no longer recoverable makes this sort of reset superior to one performed using iTunes. or perhaps you don’t want someone to be able to find the data on your iPad after you have sold it. You may restore an iPad without using iTunes or a computer in the following ways-
Reset disabled iPad without iTunes via iCloud
All data and settings, including the screen password on your iPad or iPhone, will be erased if you restore from an iCloud backup. So, if you forget the password or have entered it incorrectly a few times, use iCloud to reset your iDevice. However, it is worth noting that your device’s old data will be erased and updated with iCloud backup files. To reset the iPad follow the steps here-
- On the computer, go to iCloud.com and log in with the same Apple ID as the disabled device.
- Head to Settings, now select Restore and tap on the backup that contains all of the data on the device > Restore.
- You will receive a completely new smartphone after the process is done, but all of the content will be protected by the iCloud backup files.
Reset disabled iPad without iTunes via hard reset
One of the simplest approaches to reset disabled iPad without iTunes is hard reset as it just requires 1-2 minutes and involves only a few steps-
- First, you need to press the sleep or wake button and hold the home button on the iPad at the same time.
- Hold them down for ten seconds until the Apple logo appears on the display. This indicates that the hard reset was completed successfully.
- Now wait for the iPad to restart after releasing both presses, and the best part is this does not take much time to complete.
Also read: Why does the iPhone keep restarting?
How can I reset disabled iPad without iTunes using Find My iPhone?
The iCloud Find My iPhone function may be used to find, lock, or restore the iPad/iPhone from faraway. Follow the steps mentioned below to reset the disabled iPhone or iPad.
- On the PC or another device, go to iCloud.com and sign in to the iCloud account with the Apple ID.
- Select “Find iPhone” from the menu.
- Tap on the “All Devices” option in the menu.
- Now, choose the device that has been turned off > Select “Erase iPhone” from the menu. The iDevice will then be reset to factory settings, and all data will be erased.
How can you reset disabled iPad without iTunes with the settings menu?
This approach has only one restriction, which is it can be done when your iPad is working normally and without any kind of lag. To proceed, follow the steps here-
- Go over to General > Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom to Reset and press the button.
- Select the Erase All Content and Settings option from the menu.
- But if you have a passcode for the iPad, you will be asked to input it in a dialogue box. Then, after a few minutes, wait for the iPad to return to rest mode.
Thus, these are the few approaches with easy steps to reset disabled iPad without iTunes. For the latest updates on Apple devices stay tuned!