In most cases, the Notes application on your system may be the most under-appreciated and under-used app. Nowadays, some note-taking applications have progressed beyond simple text-based input and now include a variety of fascinating features such as lists, pictures, tables, drawings, and much more.
Considering your notes are likely to include a lot of crucial data, you must transfer them when switching from an iPhone to an Android. Yet, since the programming structures of both operating systems are different, there is no method to move iPhone notes to an Android device via a standard USB connection or Bluetooth transfer. To complete it, you will have to utilize various techniques. This article will show you how to transfer notes from iPhone to an Android phone using a variety of methods.
Various Methods to transfer notes from iPhone to Android
Transfer iPhone notes via Gmail
When you move to Android, you will probably use a lot of Google’s applications instead of Apple. So, you may sync the iPhone notes using the Gmail account and view them from the Android Gmail app. Steps to follow to transfer notes:
- Firstly, go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts on your iPhone. Use “Add Account” to set up your Gmail account if you have not already.
- After you have added your Gmail account, touch it and make sure Notes is turned on.
- In the iPhone Notes app, you will now notice a GMAIL folder. To synchronize the notes with Gmail, you will have to transfer them from other files into your Gmail file.
- Unfortunately, Apple does not enable you to transfer notes from iPhone folders to your Gmail folder, so you need to proceed with the following steps-
- To move a note, you need to open it.
- Click Copy from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Return to the Notes app’s folders, choose Gmail Notes, and then you need to create a new Note.
- Copy the contents of the note and paste them into a new note
- Next, open Gmail on your Android device.
- Finally, select Notes from the menu and you will be able to view your new Gmail notes.
Transfer notes from iPhone using Outlook
Through Apple iTunes, you may sync the notes on the iPhone with Outlook. To utilize this approach, you must have an Outlook account as this is how all notes will be restored to the Android. Follow the steps given below.
- On the iPhone, launch iTunes.
- Next, link your device to the Computer with a USB cord.
- Now, go to iTunes and then head to the Summary Panel. Check the checkbox to sync notes. Then pick Outlook from the option.
- To start synchronizing your notes, tap on the Sync button. Allow few minutes for the procedure to finish.
- Switch off the Android device. Restart it, logging in with your Outlook account.
- Go to the Reminders folder and open it; the folder should contain all iPhone notes.
Also read: Transfer data between iPhones
Transfer iPhone notes via iCloud
You may also use iCloud to transfer notes, but there is no direct way to store them directly to your Android smartphone. As a result, you will have to email them to your Android phone after transferring them from iPhone to Computer.
- Sign in to iCloud with the Apple ID by going to Settings > iCloud. Here you will find the sections in the iCloud.
- Turn “Notes” on, and iCloud will automatically transfer your notes to the iCloud.
- Download and install iCloud on the Computer and sign in with the same Apple ID, and the notes will appear on your PC.
Transfer notes from iPhone using Smart Switch app in Android phone
For a recently bought new Samsung Galaxy device, which has not been set it up, the free Smart Switch software can be regarded as the best solution for you. You can easily move stuff from the iPhone to your brand-new Samsung Galaxy phone using Smart Switch. Remember that this method will not apply to other Android devices. The software can be easily used to move all of your data from one device to another.
You may import your iPhone data from iCloud or straight from your iPhone via a USB adaptor to use Smart Switch. While transferring huge quantities of content, utilizing iCloud is preferred since both devices may be powered at the same time. Whereas in other options you can transfer notes from iPhone to Android phone using a USB converter, where you can move a wider range of multimedia formats.