Your iPhone, as well as many other gadgets like the iPad and iPod touch, include auto-rotating displays that spin depending on how you grip the device. Whenever you turn the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the display does not always automatically turn to correspond. This can make your phone hard to manage or even lead you to believe it is damaged.
To address this problem, iOS includes a function known as Orientation Lock, which secures the device’s screen in portrait mode irrespective of the device’s physical alignment. Most iOS applications are optimized for Portrait Mode, while some, such as videogames, are permanently in landscape mode irrespective of the Orientation Lock option. The screen may not rotate for a range of factors, the majority of which are simple to resolve. You can try to resolve this situation by following the various solutions mentioned here.
Can your app support iPhone screen rotation mode?
All kinds of apps do not allow for automatic screen rotation. You shouldn’t expect the screen rotation mode to function if you’re using an application that doesn’t support it. The home screen on certain iPhone and iPod touch models, for instance, cannot be rotated, although it can on Plus versions with extra-large displays, such as the iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone SE, and certain applications are only intended to operate in one direction.
If the display doesn’t rotate when you spin your smartphone and the rotation lock isn’t turned on, the application is certainly not intended to rotate. To make sure that iPhone screen rotation is functioning, use an app that you know supports it.
Disable iPhone screen rotation lock
The Screen Rotation Lock configurations prohibit the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from turning its screen automatically regardless of how you rotate it. It’s possible that you have the rotation Lock switched on if the screen is not rotating.
Try to look for a symbol that looks like an arrow curving around the lock in the upper right corner of the display, near to the battery indicator, to see if the screen rotation control is switched on. iPhone screen rotation lock is enabled if you see that symbol. Whereas this symbol is only shown in Control Center on the iPhone X, XS, XR, and 11 models, not really on the home screen.
Know the steps to turn off iPhone screen rotation control if the lock icon is displayed
- To access Control Center, swipe from the bottom of the display. The lock and arrow icon on the far left is displayed to show that it is switched on.
- Switch off rotation lock by tapping the lock and arrow icons. Orientation Lock: Off will appear at the top of the display screen.
- Once you’re through with Control Center, hit the Home button, click on the screen, or slide it away to return to the home screen.
- After that, rotate the iPhone once more. When you move the device, the screen would rotate automatically.
Check other iPhone apps
The landscape orientation isn’t supported by all iPhone apps. In other terms, certain programmes are only compatible with portrait orientation. Various apps may be used to test the iPhone screen rotation capability. Various iOS games can only be played in landscape mode. As a result, you may play games on your iPhone to check if the issue with the iPhone screen not rotating is accurate.
Also Read: How can you clean the iPhone Speaker?
Check zoom disable option
The Screen Zoom function immediately disables iPhone screen auto rotation. It occurs as the Zoom screen function helps improve application visibility on the home screen in general. The dimension of each icon will be bigger than it was previously. Nevertheless, one of the disadvantages of the iPhone is that the screen does not rotate. Switching off the Display Zoom will allow you to rotate the iPhone screen once more. iTunes can also be used to disable Zoom-
- Click iTunes after connecting the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to the desktop.
- Choose your device summary
- Select the Configure Accessibility button from the Options section.
- To disable Zoom, select Neither under Viewing and then select the ok option.
Standard display mode
You can also use the standard display mode, to do so follow the steps below-
- Go to the Settings application on your phone. Select “Display & Brightness” from the menu.
- In the “Display & Brightness” section, tap “View” under “Display Zoom.”
- Set the default display mode to “Standard.”
- In the top right corner, click “Set.”
- To approve, select “Use Standard” from the dialogue box that pops up.